Thursday, March 3, 2011

6 deep

While I was still good and knocked up A co-worker gave me parenting advice, "Survive the first 6 months." At first I thought it sounded so cruel. Survive? What is that supposed to mean? Of course I'll survive with my perfect, wonderful, non-crying new baby! Everyday would be a journey and blessing. Now looking back on the first 6 months of motherhood the awkward statement rings true.
I'm a survivor of sleepless nights, colds, that blue nose booger thingy, swaddle blankets, teething gels, exploding diapers and a variety of other motherly tasks. There are days when I feel pretty clueless and don't have a faintest idea of what I am doing (I.E. googling forums about cat bites and constipation associated with bananas) . I don't have this parenting business down but, I have indeed survived.
Please insert cheesy Destiny's Child music now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs